This just in!!
The earthquake has been reported to be so massive that it might have ‘destroyed roads and bridges,’ according to an unconfirmed report. Although a tsunami has not been seen YET…A TSUNAMI ALERT has been issued especially for the lands of Philippines, Indonesia and Palau.
The epicenter of the earthquake is about 146 km away from town of Guiuan, in the southern part of Samar. In Philippines, residents of eastern coast have been evacuated to move towards higher grounds.
Although predicted time for a tsunami landfall has passed but the aftershocks might have potential danger. Aftershocks might be coming back any minute. According to a text message from a local Congressman, Ben Evardone, it has been reported that:
Lets pray for the safety of our fellow human beings and I will be leaving IMMEDIATE UPDATES if any news of ‘damage’ or ‘aftershock’ comes in. Fingers Crossed!!
- Philippines earthquake 2012: Tsunami alert issued after massive quake (wjla.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: 7.9 quake of Philippines triggers tsunami alert (gazette.com)
- Tsunami warning lifted for Japan, Taiwan after 7.9 quake (dailystar.com.lb)
- Tsunami watch cancelled for Hawaii after Philippine earthquake (kitv.com)
- Magnitude-7.9 quake off Philippines prompts tsunami watch – USA TODAY (content.usatoday.com)